Monday, July 13, 2009

I am a beginner and need help on workout and diet plan

I received an email from Sourav today saying

Question: "I m a beginner and regular to the gym for the past 4 months. I am 5'3" and 55 kg.

Though there was a very slight change in my physique within first 6 weeks of going to the gym but now things have been stagnant. My body-size (arms, chest, etc) isn't growing, though I have change my workout chart every 1.5-2 months.

Currently this is my schedule:

(3x15 each)

DAY 1 (Legs + back):
Leg Press
Squat
Thigh Curl
Calf
Chin-ups
Back-pulley
Front-pulley
Dumbell Rowing
Reverse Curls

DAY 2(Chest + Shoulders + Arms):
Dips
Bench Press
Flys
Laying pullover
Shoulder Press
Alternate D. press
Upright
Triceps Pushups
Triceps Curl (Barbell)
" " (Dumbell)
Biceps Curl (Barbell)
" " (Dumbell)


My-Diet:
Bread/Cornflakes in the morning.
A fruit (banana/mango/grapes) after an hour
Rice+Dal+sabzi+beef for lunch
Workout in the evening
Post workout: 2-3 eggs+glass of milk
3 roti+ sabzi/chicken for dinner"



My answer: I keep it simple.

Adopt any workout plan from internet like 5X5 , 3X5 , Defranco or ABC.

Search diet plans over internet. Multiply your body weight with 16 or 20 and take that amount of calories. Divide your year into 3 phases like bulking, cutting, and strength. Workout plans doesn't mean much and it is more about your diet. Increase the servings of carbs and proteins into your daily meals.

Simple.



What should be the Rep Range for building a perfect body?

2 comments:

Body builder said...

I really like the suggestion you have given..
I also wants to know more about building triceps....

soni2006 said...

Definitely, I will write and publish an article on building triceps muscles in my upcoming hubs or blogs.